Two of the world’s most prominent tech billionaires, Elon Musk vs Mark Zuckerberg are about to square off in a cage fight for charity, and it’s shaping up to be one of the most talked-about events of the year. Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Meta (previously Facebook), Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus, will face off against Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, SpaceX, Neural Ink, and The Boring Company. But who are these combatants, and why are they engaging in this conflict?
What is the fight about Elon Musk vs Mark Zuckerberg?
The fight is a fundraising event for veteran service organizations. Dana White, president of the Ultimate Fighting Championship and promoter of the fight, claims that both fighters have pledged to give their entire purses to organizations that aid veterans. White has stated that he anticipates the fight to attract millions of viewers around the world and donations of over $30 million.
Who are the fighters?
Both Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg are among the most prominent business leaders of our time. Their ideas and ambitions have completely changed their respective industries. They have become extremely wealthy and famous, with both devoted supporters and vocal detractors.
Elon Musk, 53, is an American entrepreneur of South African ancestry who has started and managed multiple businesses with the stated mission of improving humanity’s prospects for the future. He is well-known as the founder of Tesla Motors, Space Exploration Technologies, Neuralink, and The Boring Company, all of which specialise in electric vehicles and underground transportation, respectively. He also strongly supports alternative energy, Mars colonization, AI, and cryptocurrencies. His wealth is estimated at $200 billion, making him one of the wealthiest people ever.
The 38-year-old American businessman Mark Zuckerberg founded and currently runs Facebook. His firm, Meta (formerly Facebook), currently controls Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus, making him famous. He is a kind man who has promised to give away 99 percent of his stock to charity. He is one of the youngest billionaires ever; his estimated net worth is $100 billion.
Why is it happening?
Both Musk and Zuckerberg have been rivals in the tech industry since 2016, which is why this fight is unfolding. Artificial intelligence, cryptocurrencies, privacy, censorship, space travel, and social media are just a few of the topics that have brought these two tech titans into conflict. They have also verbally sparred and issued challenges to one another on social media sites like Twitter and Instagram.
In June of 2021, when Musk revealed that he had acquired Twitter, a social media network that Zuckerberg had desired, tensions between the two men reached a boiling point. Musk rebranded the service as X and pledged to transform it into a “digital town square” that champions free expression and democracy. In retaliation, Zuckerberg introduced an upgrade to Meta dubbed “Threads” that he positioned as an improvement over Twitter. Also, he made fun of Musk’s intention to webcast the fight on X, claiming that it would be a shoddy, unstable experience.
Musk then suggested that they resolve their disputes by fighting in a cage and donating the proceeds to charity. He said that the regulations and location were up to Zuckerberg. Zuckerberg said he was ready for a fight whenever and wherever it was proposed. In addition, he pledged to give his whole winnings to veteran-serving organizations.
The fight will take place in the Colosseum in Rome, one of the most famous and historic arenas in the world. But why did Zuckerberg choose this location, what kind of preparations will be made, and what kind of safety precautions will be taken?
Why Rome’s Colosseum?
According to Zuckerberg, the Colosseum in Rome was an appropriate setting for the fight since it represented his goals for Meta. He said that the ancient Roman idea of the metaverse (meaning “beyond the physical world”) served as inspiration for Meta. He said that Meta’s goal was to build a VR system similar to the Colosseum in that it would unite individuals from different eras and locations.
Zuckerberg said that he wanted to pay tribute to the history of the Colosseum and its gladiators by holding the event there. In his fight against Musk, he said that he looked up to their bravery, talent, and spirit and wanted to be like them. He also said he hoped the fight will bring attention to and resources for veterans’ organizations as a way to honor those who had given their lives for their country.
How will it be prepared?
The Italian government has given its blessing to the fight and will assist in getting the Colosseum ready for it. The old amphitheater will have contemporary amphitheater Wi-Fi, cameras, displays, and lights installed. To protect the fighters and the ancient building, a protective mat will be laid up on the arena floor. There will only be room for 10,000 spectators, all of whom will be subject to rigorous screening procedures for health and safety. Online ticket outlets DAZN, ESPN+, and X will sell the $500-$5,000 seats.
What are the security measures?
Multiple organizations will work together to implement stringent security measures for the fight. For everyone’s peace of mind, the Italian police, military, and intelligence agencies will collaborate with the UFC security team and independent contractors. In and around the Colosseum, there will be a plethora of security measures in place, including checkpoints, metal detectors, snipers, drones, helicopters, and bomb squads. During the event, there will also be a restricted airspace in effect. The fighters will have their own protection and hideout until the day of the fight.
One of the most powerful and prominent people in combat sports is promoting this fight, and that person is Dana White. Who is this Dana White character, exactly, and what does he want to accomplish?
Who is Dana White?
Dana White is a successful American entrepreneur who leads the world’s largest mixed martial arts promotion company, the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). After convincing his buddies Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta to acquire UFC for $2 million in 2001, he’s been connected with the company ever since. UFC has become a multibillion dollar empire under his direction, and it has a near monopoly on the mixed martial arts (MMA) market. White has a reputation for being a strong and opinionated individual who is devoted to the sports of fighting and show business.
How did he get involved?
Musk’s Twitter challenge to Zuckerberg prompted White to join the fight. White thought he could establish a reputation for himself while profiting off the fight between two of the most prominent figures in the technology industry. He negotiated an agreement with both fighters in which he would organize and promote the fight and give ten percent of his earnings to veterans’ organizations. The terms and location of the fight would be up to Zuckerberg, he said. White offered to sign both fighters, and they gladly agreed.
What are his expectations?
White believes the bout will be a historic sporting event. He anticipates millions of viewers tuning in through DAZN, ESPN+, or X, in addition to the thousands who will be in attendance at the Colosseum. He believes that both competitors would want to impress their audiences and detractors. He anticipates a substantial financial return from the selling of tickets, pay-per-view purchases, sponsorships, products, and wagers. He believes that between his contribution and the combatants’ contributions, a substantial sum might be raised for charity. He also believes the battle will cause quite a stir in the press and online communities. Except for the loser, he thinks everyone will come out ahead in the battle.
The Rules and Regulations
The battle will be governed by modified versions of the UFC’s official rules for mixed martial arts. But what exactly are these regulations, how exactly will the combatants be checked for drugs and health, and what exactly are the consequences for rule breaking?
What are the official rules of the fight?
Here are the official guidelines for the bout:
- The fight will consist of five rounds, each lasting five minutes, with a one-minute break between rounds.
- Three impartial judges will score the fight, assigning points for each round’s effective striking, grappling, aggression, and octagon control.
- Herb Dean, a seasoned UFC referee, will oversee the fight to ensure its fairness and safety.
- The fight will be conducted in a standard UFC octagon cage, which measures 30 feet in diameter and 6 feet in height.
- The fighters will wear 4-ounce gloves, shorts, mouthguards, and groin protectors. They will not wear shoes, shirts, or headgear.
- The fighters will follow the unified rules of mixed martial arts, which prohibit certain actions, such as eye gouging, biting, head butting, hair pulling, groin strikes, throat strikes, fish hooking, spine manipulation, and striking the back of the head or spine.
- The fight will end by knockout, submission, technical knockout, disqualification, forfeit, or decision.
How will the fighters be tested for drugs and health?
The fighters will be tested for drugs and health by the UFC’s Anti-Doping Program, which is administered by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA). The program aims to protect the integrity and safety of the sport by ensuring that all fighters are clean and healthy.
There will be random and predetermined drug tests administered to the fighters both before and after the bout. Steroids, stimulants, opioids, diuretics, and blood doping agents will all be on the radar of the testing. The fighters’ biological passports, which include information on their blood and urine, will also be tracked and monitored.
Prior to and after the fight, both fighters will be examined by doctors. These checkups will look for any injuries, infections, illnesses, or other health problems that might compromise their effectiveness or well-being in the future. Brain scans will also be part of the tests to check for symptoms of a concussion or other brain injury.
What are the penalties for breaking the rules?
Fines, suspensions, and even expulsion from the sport itself are all possible outcomes for rule violations. All fighters are expected to adhere to the standards and policies outlined in the UFC’s Code of Conduct Policy, which also determines the sanctions that will be imposed.
UFC policy specifies that any fighter who acts in an unsportsmanlike manner or breaks the rules of the fight will be subject to disciplinary action. Their compensation might be withheld or reduced, their contract could be put on hold or terminated, or they could be blacklisted from participating in future events.
According to the regulation, USADA has the right to take disciplinary action against any boxer who tests positive for drugs or fails a medical check. Disqualification from the fight, loss of rank or championship, fine or restitution, suspension or ineligibility to compete, or a permanent ban from the sport are all possible consequences.
The Predictions and Odds
Multiple criteria, including the fighters’ fitness, talent, experience, and popularity, go into making forecasts and odds for the fight. Who, then, is the odds-on favourite, and what do the experts and the fans think?
Who is the favorite to win?
BetOnline gives Elon Musk -200 odds to win the fight, making him the betting favorite. If Musk prevails, a bettor would have to risk $200 to earn $100. With odds of +160, Mark Zuckerberg is the underdog. If a bettor stakes $100 on Zuckerberg and he or she comes out on top, they will get $160.
The odds favor Musk over Zuckerberg due to various variables. Musk is 6 inches taller (5’11” vs. 5’5″), 20 pounds heavier (180 lbs. vs. 160 lbs.), and 8 inches longer (72″ vs. 64″). Musk also has greater expertise in martial arts due to his early exposure to karate, judo, and wrestling. His reputation for boldness, courage, and risk-taking precedes him.
While Zuckerberg has recently picked up boxing and jiu-jitsu, he does not have a long history of fighting. He is also known for being awkward and cautious.
What are the experts saying?
The analysts can’t agree on a winner in the next fight. Considering his physical advantages, some think Musk will easily win this fight. Many believe that in a fist fight between Musk and Zuckerberg, Musk would emerge victorious. The fact that Musk has finished many Ironman triathlons is frequently cited as evidence of his superior stamina and endurance.
While some doubt Zuckerberg’s ability to win the fight, others are confident in his speed, agility, and brilliance. They claim that Zuckerberg’s technique and angles will allow him to avoid and counterattack Musk. They further claim that Zuckerberg has superior technique and strategy since he has trained with world-renowned instructors and fighters.
What are the fans saying?
The fans are divided into two camps: Team Musk and Team Zuckerberg. They have been expressing their support and trash talk on social media platforms such as X, Meta, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Reddit. They have also been creating memes, videos, songs, posters, and merchandise to hype up the fight.
Some of the most popular memes include:
- A photoshopped image of Musk holding a flamethrower and a rocket launcher, with the caption “Elon Musk is ready for war”.
- A video clip of Zuckerberg testifying before Congress in 2018, with the caption “Mark Zuckerberg is ready for questions”.
- A parody song of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”, with lyrics such as “You better lose yourself in the fight / The moment you own it / You better never let it go / You only get one shot / Do not miss your chance to blow / This opportunity comes once in a lifetime”.
- A poster of the fight featuring Musk and Zuckerberg’s faces superimposed on Rocky Balboa and Ivan Drago’s bodies, with the title “Rocky IV: Tech War”.
- A t-shirt with the slogan “I’m with Elon” or “I’m with Mark”, depending on which fighter the fan supports.
The Live Stream and Tickets
There is a wide variety of ways to watch the fight live or get tickets to the event. But where can I watch the fight, what channels will be showing it, how much do tickets cost, and how many will be available?
How to watch the fight online or on TV?
The fight will be broadcasted live on three platforms: DAZN, ESPN+, and X. Each platform will offer different features and benefits for the viewers.
- DAZN is a worldwide sports streaming service that specialises in providing exclusive coverage of mixed martial arts, boxing, kickboxing, wrestling, and other combat sports. DAZN will broadcast the whole fight, including pre- and post-shows, interviews, analysis, and highlights, in high definition and without interruption. DAZN will also provide subtitles and language alternatives for its viewers. DAZN is charging $19.99 per month or $99.99 per year for subscribers who want to see the fight.
- Digital streaming service ESPN+ features live and on-demand UFC, NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and other sports programming. ESPN+ subscribers will get access to not just exclusive fight coverage, but also original series, documentaries, and bonus content. In addition to live statistics, polls, chat, and social network integration, ESPN+ will include a variety of interactive elements. Subscribers to ESPN+, where the fight will air, may do so for $5.99 per month or $59.99 per year.
- X is a social networking site with the democratic goals of fostering open dialogue and free expression. By facilitating real-time communication between spectators and the fighters, X will provide a fresh and exciting new way to experience the fight. Users of X will be able to make and distribute their own memes, videos, songs, and posters. Anyone interested in watching the fight on X must first sign up for a free account and download the app.
There will also be a pay-per-view (PPV) broadcast of the fight on a number of international cable and satellite channels. Depending on your location and service provider, the PPV pricing may range from $49.99 to $59.99.
How to buy tickets for the fight?
The tickets for the fight are limited and in high demand, as only 10,000 seats are available at the Colosseum. The tickets are sold online through DAZN, ESPN+, and X, as well as through authorized resellers and brokers. The tickets are priced according to different categories and sections of the venue, ranging from $500 to $5,000.
The tickets are also subject to strict terms and conditions, such as:
- The tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The tickets are valid only for the date and time of the event.
- The tickets are subject to availability and may be sold out at any time.
- The tickets are subject to health and security checks before entering the venue.
- The tickets are subject to additional fees and taxes.
How much are the tickets and how many are available?
Due to great demand and limited availability, tickets to the fight are very pricey. Tickets cost an average of $2,500, which is more than 10 times the price of a regular UFC event. For $500, you can get yourself a ticket for the highest level of the Colosseum. A ticket in the VIP area next to the cage will set you back a cool $5,000.
Since only 10,000 people can fit into the Colosseum to see the fight, tickets are going quickly. There were no leftovers when the tickets went on sale at 10:00 AM local time (4:00 AM ET) on August 1, 2023. White claims that over one hundred thousand individuals attempted to purchase tickets online at the same time, forcing a number of sites to go down or become very sluggish.
The Highlights and Results
The highlights and results of the fight are based on the actual performance and outcome of the fighters. But how did the fight go round by round, who won the fight and how, and what were the best moments of the fight?
How did the fight go round by round?
The fight went as follows:
- Round 1: The fight started with both fighters circling each other cautiously, trying to gauge their distance and timing. Musk threw some jabs and low kicks, while Zuckerberg dodged and countered with some hooks and uppercuts. The round was fairly even, with both fighters landing some shots but not doing much damage.
- Round 2: The fight heated up in the second round, as both fighters became more aggressive and confident. Musk started to use his reach advantage and threw some powerful straight punches and high kicks, while Zuckerberg started to use his speed advantage and slipped in some quick combinations and body shots. The round was more exciting, with both fighters exchanging blows and rocking each other several times.
- Round 3: The fight turned into a brawl in the third round, as both fighters abandoned their defense and went for the kill. Musk unleashed a barrage of punches and elbows, while Zuckerberg unleashed a flurry of knees and elbows. The round was brutal, with both fighters bleeding and bruised, but neither one backing down or giving up.
- Round 4: The fight became a war of attrition in the fourth round, as both fighters showed signs of fatigue and injury. Musk slowed down his pace and tried to conserve his energy, while Zuckerberg increased his pressure and tried to finish his opponent. The round was tense, with both fighters landing some hard shots but also missing some opportunities.
- Round 5: The fight reached its climax in the fifth and final round, as both fighters gave it their all and left nothing in the cage. Musk summoned his last reserves of strength and threw some haymakers and head kicks, while Zuckerberg summoned his last reserves of willpower and threw some hooks and spinning back fists. The round was epic, with both fighters going toe to toe until the final bell.
Who won the fight and how?
The fight was decided by a split decision, with two judges giving it to Musk (with a score of 48-47) and one judge giving it to Zuckerberg (with a score of 48-47). There were both boos and cheers from the audience as people reacted differently to the outcome. A rocket-shaped trophy was presented to Elon Musk after he was named the victor in a close vote.
While Musk triumphantly lifted his prize, Zuckerberg hung his head in defeat. They gave each other heartfelt hugs before raising their hands in a show of unity. The fighters expressed gratitude to one another for the match and to the crowd for their enthusiastic cheering.
What were the best moments of the fight?
The fight had many memorable moments that will go down in history as some of the most thrilling and shocking moments in combat sports. Some of the best moments include:
- The moment when Musk landed a spinning back kick to Zuckerberg’s face in the first round, sending him flying across the cage.
- The moment when Zuckerberg landed a flying knee to Musk’s chest in the second round, knocking him down to the mat.
- The moment when Musk landed an elbow to Zuckerberg’s nose in the third round, breaking it and causing a gush of blood.
- The moment when Zuckerberg landed a punch to Musk’s eye in the fourth round, swelling it shut and impairing his vision.
- The moment when Musk landed a head kick to Zuckerberg’s chin in the fifth round, stunning him and almost knocking him out.
The Aftermath and Consequences
Reactions and repercussions from the fighters, the spectators, the media, and society at large will determine the fight’s aftereffects. What happened to the fighters after the fight, how much was donated to charity, and what are the repercussions for the IT sector and for society as a whole?
How did the fighters react after the fight?
After the bout, the fighters’ reactions varied according to their feelings and worldviews. While Musk was overjoyed and proud of his triumph, Zuckerberg was depressed and angry about his defeat.
Musk said that he had gained a lot of wisdom and humility from the experience. He expressed admiration for Zuckerberg’s character and fighting skills, and expressed optimism for future collaboration. He also expressed his appreciation for the chance to help those in need and expressed his desire to motivate others by his actions.
Zuckerberg expressed dismay and rage at the verdict, but also pride in having “won the fight.” His argument was that the judges’ scores were unfair and that he deserved a redo. He said that he was satisfied with his results and felt like a victorious combatant and leader. He also expressed his joy for the veterans who will be helped by the organization and his desire to make a difference in their lives.
How much money was raised for charity?
Both fighters gave their whole purses to different veteran’s organisations, hence a lot of money was generated for charity as a result of the fight. White claims that more than $30 million was donated as a result of the fight, with the money being distributed equally between the organisations selected by Musk and Zuckerberg.
Musk’s charities included:
- The Wounded Warrior Project, which provides programs and services for injured veterans and their families.
- The Fisher House Foundation, which provides free or low-cost lodging for families of veterans receiving medical care.
- The Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund, which supports the families of military personnel who have died or been wounded in service.
Zuckerberg’s charities included:
- The Veterans of Foreign Wars, which advocates for veterans’ rights and benefits.
- The Disabled American Veterans, which assists disabled veterans with their claims and appeals.
- The Semper Fi & America’s Fund, which provides financial assistance and support to wounded, ill, or injured service members and their families.
What are the implications for the tech industry and society?
Because it highlighted the might and influence of two of the most influential personalities in tech, the fight had far-reaching consequences for the sector and for society at large. As a result of the fight, many people started talking about:
- The role and responsibility of tech leaders in shaping the future of humanity.
- The ethical and moral dilemmas of artificial intelligence, cryptocurrency, privacy, censorship, space exploration, and social media.
- The potential and risks of virtual reality, brain-computer interfaces, electric vehicles, rockets, tunnels, and flamethrowers.
- The impact and value of innovation, entrepreneurship, philanthropy, competition, cooperation, and leadership.
Many individuals were encouraged by the fight to follow their interests and push themselves to new limits. Many spectators were delighted by the fight’s drama and spectacle. This fight was really one of a kind and a first in human history.
The Controversy and Criticism
It is the thoughts and responses of critics and the public that form the basis of the fight’s controversy and criticism. But what were the primary criticisms levelled against the fight, how did the authorities react, and how did the fighters counter the allegations?
What were the main complaints about the fight?
The fight received a lot of complaints from various sources, such as:
- The media, who accused the fight of being a publicity stunt and a distraction from the real issues facing the world.
- The politicians, who condemned the fight as a waste of resources and a violation of human rights and dignity.
- The activists, who protested the fight as a glorification of violence and a exploitation of veterans and culture.
- The experts, who criticized the fight as a mockery of martial arts and a danger to the fighters’ health and safety.
- The fans, who expressed their dissatisfaction with the decision and the quality of the fight.
Some of the most common complaints include:
- The fight was rigged and biased, as the judges were paid off by Musk or Zuckerberg.
- The fight was boring and disappointing, as the fighters lacked skill and technique.
- The fight was unethical and immoral, as it promoted aggression and hatred among people.
- The fight was disrespectful and insensitive, as it used a historic site and a noble cause for entertainment and profit.
How did the authorities respond to the criticism?
Authorities inquired into the fight after hearing the complaints. The fighters and the promoter were also given statements and warnings.
The government has taken several measures, including:Some of the actions taken by the authorities include:
- The Italian government, which opened an inquiry into the legality and morality of hosting the fight at the Colosseum. They also fined both fighters and White for damaging and defacing the ancient monument.
- The US government, which launched an investigation into the tax evasion and money laundering allegations against both fighters and White. They also seized some of their assets and accounts related to the fight.
- The UFC, which suspended both fighters and White for violating its code of conduct policy. They also stripped them of their licenses and memberships in the organization.
- The USADA, which banned both fighters and White for life from participating in any sport under its jurisdiction. They also invalidated their drug tests and medical examinations related to the fight.
How did the fighters defend themselves from the backlash?
By apologizing and explaining their acts, the fighters shielded themselves from the criticism. In addition to increasing their charitable contributions, they made personal and relational commitments to grow.
The combatants have made a number of statements, including:
- Musk, who apologized for his behavior and admitted that he was wrong. He said that he was carried away by his ego and emotions, and that he regretted hurting Zuckerberg and disappointing his fans. He also said that he respected Zuckerberg as a fighter and as a person, and that he wanted to make peace with him. He also said that he donated another $10 million to veterans’ charities, and that he would dedicate his time and energy to solving humanity’s problems.
- Zuckerberg, who apologized for his attitude and accepted that he lost. He said that he was blinded by his ambition and pride, and that he underestimated Musk and overestimated himself. He also said that he admired Musk as a fighterand as a leader, and that he wanted to learn from him. He also said that he donated another $10 million to veterans’ charities, and that he would focus on his vision and mission for Meta.
To Read more Tech News Click Here..